Mobility of construction communication tools is a valuable accessibility helping out commercial contractors tasked with running from job to job daily. There are several applications making this a reality for any evolving team. I’ve recently came across a few that stood out as pretty interesting/worth pursuing.
SmartBidNet, BidClerk, Blue Book, Among Others
– Bid management systems
– Integrates creation and tracking of bid process with subcontractors and companies securely and reliably
– Provides accessible information to help subcontractors and suppliers bid projects easier and in a timely manner
– Allows technical CAD (computer-aided drafting) drawings to be produced with a finger or stylus on a smart device screen
– Final designs are saved and can be sent via email or printed in higher-quality resolutions
– Can be saved and shared in different formats as needed.
– Shares most up-to date copies of constantly evolving plans
– Will also alert team members when they are viewing an outdated drawing
Fast Concrete Pad Calculator
– Serves to calculate quantities needed of concrete and rebar for your next project
– Also has capabilities to calculate waste materials, concrete, and rebar costs
It’s important to bookmark potential opportunities for improvement and do your homework to determine if they fit into your operations’ rhythm. To stay current, modern companies can’t afford to pass up these opportunities to step up their game.